Hudson Valley Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Effectively Fighting for Your Driving Privileges
If you received a traffic ticket for any type of violation, you should contact a skilled Hudson Valley DWI attorney as soon as possible.
Even though it may not seem like a big deal, depending on the specific offense, you could face:
- Points added to your license
- Significant surcharges and fines
- Increased auto insurance premiums
- Potential license revocation or suspension
- DMV penalties, such as the NY Driver Responsibility Assessment
- Loss of your employment if a valid driver’s license or CDL is required
At Letterio & Haug, LLP, Anne Letterio used to be the prosecutor for traffic tickets in the City of Albany, and she has a unique perspective when it comes to resolving these cases quickly and efficiently. Backed by nearly two decades of combined experience in this practice area, our attorneys have an in-depth understanding of New York traffic law. We can navigate you through the criminal process and help you make well-informed choices about your future.
Call Letterio & Haug, LLP today at (845) 203-0997 or contact us online to set up an initial consultation with our traffic ticket attorneys in Hudson Valley.
The Driver Violation Point System
The New York DMV enacts a point system to hold high-risk drivers accountable. The point system is added to a license for violations such as these common moving violations, including speeding, reckless driving, improper or unsafe lane changes, as examples. If you receive more than 11 points in 18 months, the DMV can suspend your license.
Important notes about the point system:
- You must have already been convicted of the traffic violation before it is placed on your record
- Your accumulated point total is based on the date the violation occurred, not the date of conviction
It is important that you contact our team at Letterio & Haug, LLP right away if you need assistance with fighting your traffic ticket. We are ready to fight aggressively on your behalf.
Individualized Method of Care
Letterio & Haug, LLP understands how important your traffic ticket is to you, especially if you rely on your driver’s license or CDL to make a living. That’s why we work hard to make ourselves as accessible to our clients as possible. We are a boutique law firm capable of giving 100 percent of our effort and time to each of our clients. When you retain one of our lawyers, you also get an entire team of knowledgeable legal professionals on your side. As your representative, we will work relentlessly to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed.
We can handle the following types of traffic violations, and more:
- Illegal U-turns
- Reckless driving
- Mechanical violations
- Drinking and driving violations
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Unlawful vehicle modifications
- Child restraint or seatbelt violations
- Hit and runs/leaving the scene of an accident
- Driving with a suspended license or without a license
- Driving with insufficient insurance or without insurance
- Driving with expired registration or without registration
To get started on your case, call our traffic ticket lawyers in Hudson Valley today at (845) 203-0997 and schedule your consultation. Our office is conveniently located in Beacon, and we take clients throughout Putnam County, Orange County, and Ulster County.
At Letterio & Haug, LLP, our attorneys have more than two decades of combined legal experience, as well as a lengthy track record of success. Over the years, we have successfully helped countless individuals resolve a wide variety of legal problems. To see how we assisted our past clients, browse through our clients’ testimonials here. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us today at (845) 203-0997 and schedule a consultation.
“Passionate, committed, diligent, and very client orientated and driven.”- Eileen C.
“They have made a lifelong client out of me.”- Mike
“I cannot think of any attorney I would rather have represent me.”- Michael G.
“An amazing lawyer who genuinely cared about me!”- Kris F.
“We could not be happier with the results. Highly recommend!”- Jenna C.